Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Purging of the Toys

First let follow up to my last post and say that my lovely, wonderful, awesome husband cooked steaks last night. Woo hoo!! I have a dinner tonight w/ some friends and my hubby has plans Thursday night (that means Mac-N-Cheese and tuna for me and Meredith), so my dinner contribution won't be expected until this weekend... whew!

After the lovely steak, and bath, books and bed for Meredith, I faced "THE TOY ROOM" bumb, bumb, bumb...

Step 1- trip to Target to stock up on storage bins (plus $150 worth of other non-essential items, and 6 boxes of Kashi bars [they were on SALE] doh!).

Step 2- Make HUGE pile for Goodwill. Contained mounds of cheap stuffed animals from grand-parents and McDonald's Happy Meal Toys. YES, people, I take my child to Mc Donald's and have ZERO guilt about it.

Step 3- Box up boat load of battery operated, noisy ass toys, that child #2 may like. No, child #2 is not on the way. (Still getting up my nerve).

Step 4- Box up (in pretty purple bin) all the Easter baskets, plastic eggs, and Easterish stuffed animals, so I use next year and pawn it off like it's "BRAND NEW".

Step 5- Bins go in hallway to wait for my hubby to put in the attic. I am praying Meredith doesn't notice her toys in the clear bins, otherwise, it's melt down city.

Step 6-Bags and bags of stuffed animals go in the hallway to be carted off to Goodwill. Same risk of meltdown here as well.

Step 7- Buy more shit (AKA toys) to fill up the toy room again.

Step 8- Tell the Grandparents to stop buying HUGE plastic toys. We've got no more space people!!




No comments:

Post a Comment